Barclaycard to Halifax

O

oceansapart

A couple of years ago I got a credit card from Barclaycard Ireland, at the time it was 13.9% and a limit of €5,800. Thankfully I never got close to that but I have always had circa €2k on the card . The APR changed a year or so ago to 14.9%

As Barclaycard have left Ireland they transferred my account and balance to Halifax with an APR of 14.9%. Now I know I'm technically not a new customer and can't expect to receive the balance transfer and 0% for 6 months but does anyone think they'd entertain me asking for their 9.5% rate which they offer to their own new customers? I know the quickest way to find out is to ring which I will on Monday , but just curious if anyone has asked for interest rates to be reviewed with any cc provider and not just those I've mentioned above?

why did you not change to halifax sooner. I suggest you look for another 0% (usually for 6 to 9 months) (but read the small print) somewhere else and change. changing is not that difficut and you do save a fare bit on the interest.

and i would ask them for 0% if you dont want to change. tell them you will move of you dont get it. :)

I'm in the same boat and had discussions and correspondence with Halifax on this.

They recommend cancelling your old barclaycard account. Set up a new Halifax account and transfer everything accross.

Tedious I know changing from one halifax account to another but they wouldn't reflect the halifax onditions in my old barclaycard account.

PM me if you want me to give you a copy of their reply letter i received on the issue.

Back