Barbeque for apartment?

addob

Hi All,
Does anyone know if there are any regulations prohibiting having a barbeque on a balcony of an apartment?
I have checked our house rules and there's nothing there, we have a large balcony on the top floor with nothing but open air above us so I'm not looking to smoke out our neighbours or anything, just wanted opinions before I give the nod to my eager OH.
Thanks,
ad

As long as it is not forbidden by the managment company's rules and your neighbours don't mind, I don't seen any issues (as long as there is no obvious fire hazard?).

Yes the fire hazard is no concern for us, I just wonder if we go out and get one, what's there to stop the people below us going out and getting one. our balcony is directly above so we'd get the fire hazard but would have no come back to tell them not to have one.

You could get an electric grill or griddle from the George Forman range. Hence no flames but of course your food could still go on fire. Also no gas cylinders or charcoals to lug around the place. No connection :eek: to George Forman!!

Thanks Hansov, we've got the george foreman, and love it, there just certain size constrictions with the indoor grill and any larger it wouldn't fit in the press!

gas bbq with a lid. you don't need a bonfire high flame and u won't b leavin it unattended so if that was me I would already be gettin the meat in marinade and the beers on chill

All I will say is be very careful.

We got one of those disposable BBQs last Summer we were ground floor appartment. And the decking went on fire about an hour afterwards. Luckily we were still there and got it under control and there was limited damage, or I shudder to think what might have happened!

Back