Banned, reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to the Mods, if it really was a basic question, the probability is high that the answer would easily be found via the search function or google.

It can be very tiresome for members on this site to answer the same question 400 million times to different users.

In that case, don't answer it. Let somebody who wants to reply, do just that. As my Ma always says "if you can't say anything nice and helpfull, stay silent"

I think it's very tiresome for users of the site to see the same question asked repeatedly whether they decide to answer it or not.

We moderate to make AAM a better place for everyone not for the craic of moderation.

A lot of the rubbish is removed before many people see it. Users often report posts which they think are inappropriate.

Brendan

In fairness you could apply that logic to any question asked on the AAM forum.
I think that's a hell of a generalisation!

Most of this forum deals with situations and queries of a more personal nature.

I think you are correct if relating to (particularly) the I.T. section and I many times see mods and regulars linking to google pages in their reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think people who disagree with mods have a point that moderators choose to be moderators (?), If they tire of moderation/moderating of the BBs they can step down. However, the boards here would be a total mess without them as I've seen on forums I now moderate. You would have offensive spam everywhere etc... Maybe that's why I understand the "attacks" on users a little more?

But if the frequent posters on this site were to be mods for a month or so there is a huge possibility you would start to act rudely (as messiahs or whatever) howevr this is always a minority. You may feel victimised now but it is not a personal attack on you.

It's just my opinion here, I am not saying the OP is wrong or anything :)

I am new here but I had a friend who was banned a while back he got no warnings.
Not everybody gets a warning. A single gross breach of certain posting guidelines could lead to an immediate ban without warning depending on the circumstances.

Not everybody gets a warning. A single gross breach of certain posting guidelines could lead to an immediate ban without warning depending on the circumstances.

In what way are warnings usually issued - is it written publicly or sent direct to the user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back