Banks Property Sale/Leaseback.

C

Clarkej

Is the current trend of property sale and leaseback by some leading Irish banks an admission that property prices have peaked or are about to crash ?

Clarkej said:
Is the current trend of property sale and leaseback by some leading Irish banks an admission that property prices have peaked or are about to crash ?

To me it's a sign that the banks expect to make a better return on their capital else where, which is hardly surprising given how low rental yields are now.

The fact that they're doing it now would indicate to me that they believe the market to be at or close to it's peak. (but not necessarily that it's going to crash)

I'm talking about AIB doing a Sale and leaseback on its headquarters in Ballsbridge, BOI headquarters in Baggot St. expected go go for sale and leaseback. I read also at the weekend that BOI are looking into also doing the same on a number of it's 280 branches. I think they are right to make the most of these very valuable assets, but is it a sign that these assets are not going to get any more valuable ?

Back