Banks Before Finance Committee

SaySomething

The following banks will appear before the Finance Committee in the coming days. I believe they are all to be questioned on the tracker issue, along with other topics.

15 June - PTSB
22 June - Ulster Bank
29 June - Bank of Ireland
TBC - AIB
TBC - KBC

The Finance Committee kindly provided me with this information on my request. Jeremy Masding (PTSB) is listed for this Thursday.

Which TDs are on the Finance Committee in the Dail? I intend to contact them before June 29th to complain that BOI have failed to refund 9 years worth of tracker overcharge six months after it has been discovered. No detail on the amount owed or any idea when it might be paid No communication at all from them on the issue since last February. They continue to treat their customers with absolute distain.

Thanks for the information Miakk . I will give BOI a call for an update this week and if I get the same vague response I will email all the members of the finance committee. Maybe they can make some progress on our behalf.

Would someone have a draft email please that I can use to send to my local TD Michael Mc Grath who is on finance committee

Would someone have a draft email please that I can use to send to my local TD Michael Mc Grath who is on finance committee
My best advice to you is not to send a samey-samey email. Mail them your story & explain why you feel let down. The biggest factor in getting the TD's (and press) to sit up and pay attention is personal stories. People relate to personal stories. They don't relate to rote-emails.

That's the approach I took SaySonething. I got in touch with John McGuinness who is the Chair of the committee. I told him my story and also how the whole thing has played out, including the FSO process and the ongoing "review" of my case that seems to be going nowhere.
The human cost (including the general stress of it all) is significant and the banks need to be held accountable for this as much as for the financial losses. They need to hear the stories behind the figures.

Hi All
Just wanted to let you know that the Finance Committee meeting scheduled for tomorrow is cancelled and will be rearranged to another date. (A lot to do with events of today in the Dail). I did however today, have a very constructive meeting with the Chair of the Committee Deputy John McGuinness covering several matters in relation to the issue. I can certainly state that John is determined to get to the root of the matters of concern on behalf of all affected by this debacle. I will be uploading my latest update in the coming days to bring people up to date with where matters lie at present.
Padraic

Thanks for this information Padraic and for all the work you have done to date on behalf of those affected by this tracker scandal. I rang BOI tracker mortgage team today for an update and was told that it would "probably" be the end of the year before I would be given any details of redress or compensation. I don't think it's acceptable that I should be expected to wait almost a year before getting a single cent of a refund of my own money from Bank of Ireland. I emailed John McGuinness and my local TDs to highlight the issue. I await their responses.

Míle buíochas as always for everything Padraic. KBC hauled over the coals , ill believe it when i see it , their rep will probably be delayed in traffic by a few months .

#SaySomething Is this for real? I am absolutely stunned, there is no way this can be allowed to drag on any longer. Did they give any reasons for the delay?

What a joke!!! I can see September slipping away too. It might be interfering with their holidays god love them.
They will wait till last hour in September and then extend it :mad:

So the banks will continue to be allowed to hold onto their customers tracker refund money which should have been refunded within a reasonable time frame. It beggars belief that they are allowed to do this without any consequence. In some cases this amounts to €20,000 - €30,000 of overcharge. How can they be allowed to treat their customers in such an atrocious manner and get away with it.

In some cases this amounts to €20,000 - €30,000 of overcharge.
I think that would be the lower end!

Considering you are talking tiger era mortgages - ours was a 450k mortgage, the calculated overcharge is in excess of 40k. I would suspect that many mortgages were in excess of 450k, so many will have been overcharged a lot higher and its one of the reasons the banks have fought this so much.

Back