Bankruptcy in UK,, visit Ireland frequency..

michaelg

If someone goes bankrupt in the UK,, how often can they visit back to Ireland before their center of main of main interest is viewed not to be in the UK ?

Also that person is required to spend a year in the UK,,, how does the courts over there know they are in fact there for a year and not anywhere else ?

If someone goes bankrupt in the UK,, how often can they visit back to Ireland before their center of main of main interest is viewed not to be in the UK ?

Also that person is required to spend a year in the UK,,, how does the courts over there know they are in fact there for a year and not anywhere else ?

Hello Michael
there is no limit on the number of times that you can visit Ireland either before or after the bankruptcy order has been made.
I tell all my clients that before the order is made and whilst establishing your COMI, that if you fly back very frequently make sure someone else pays your flights. Second you are supposed to be in the UK most of the time and so if you frequently are in Ireland you still need to ensure that the bank account is being used in the UK

You do not have to stay in the UK for a year of the bankruptcy and actually nobody would know. I always advise clients to wait at least until the OR has finished with you before taking up opportunities which may arise in Ireland which would necessitate a move back

Steve Thatcher
www.helpwithdebtuk.com

Thanks a million Steve, I may have a few other questions on this, once I can think of them,,,

Back