Bank to contact me about my living expenses

Peabody

Hi All

We usually pay the mortgage by laser but when we didn't I got a call & i explained to the lender that my partner had just lost his job & now everything is up in the air.

She was very nice about it. Said she could see no reason why they wouldn't let us go interest only for a while. We can barely afford to pay our ESB never mind the interest on a mortgage with no income.

So she is ringing me Monday and wants a breakdown of household figures. Is this the norm? Will we be made get rid of our basic Sky package -middle of a contract, Broadband, Health Insurance. I don't want do mess this one up.

Any help please

Don't feel obliged to tell them what you spend money on. Thats a bit too much of an invasion of your privacy if you ask me.

They cannot "make" you get rid of Sky or anything else. But if you are struggling with the payments then you should look at your spending anyways.

People have outlined their experience in this thread:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=134128
Don't feel obliged to tell them what you spend money on. Thats a bit too much of an invasion of your privacy if you ask me.

They cannot "make" you get rid of Sky or anything else. But if you are struggling with the payments then you should look at your spending anyways.

But, at the same time, they don't have any obligation to reschedule your mortgage. You should be open with your lender.

You mentioned you have no income - if you and/or your partner are on a Social Welfare payment, or if you are working less than 30 hours per week yourself, you may be entitled to Mortgage Interest Supplement.

You can find out more from this website -

[broken link removed]

Applications are made to the Community Welfare Officer, generally at your local health centre (although some areas have postal services only for Mortgage Interest Supplement applications).

Back