Bank of Ireland statement on trackers

It's very odd and I imagine very deliberate too...are they still running away from admitting any wrong-doing?

@LadyHB I started my mortgage on a discounted fixed rate for one year in 2003. In 2004 I was given the option of a tracker of ECB plus 1.25 which I took. I fixed in early 2006 and for 3 years and wasn't given the option of a tracker when I came off the fixed rate in early 2009. My tracker has been restored from Dec 16 at a rate of ECB plus 1.3. Your situation sounds very similar to mine so I would definitely keep the pressure up to have it restored.

Hi,
Spoke to the BOI "helpline" just now and was told that the only people to have received letters to say that they were impacted, were those that were put back on a tracker but at the wrong rate. She said that those letters were sent out last February.
Any victims that have been identified since then would be notified by post and those letters would be sent by November 10th.
Any thoughts?

Thanks very much @Threadser. I'm encouraged that you fixed pre-August 2006 as other posters have suggested in other threads that pre-2006 is trickier to resolve because of the August 2006 timing of the Consumer Protection Legislation. I'll keep pushing!

@skinnylegs That's definitely a more specific response that I've managed to get. So the 602 that were identified and noted in the press release from last December still haven't received a letter (as no additional people have been identified since then). It's pretty amazing that they've sat on them for this length of time, but maybe they were waiting for the appeals process to be signed off which probably would have required phase II to be signed off with their Board and the CB. Given the on-going dispute between BOI and CB on which cohorts are in and out of scope, perhaps it's only now that they've been compelled to at least acknowledge that 602. If it's true...I'll be sitting on the postman for the next couple of weeks!

So sounds like more misinformation from the “helpline” because BOI don’t claim to have identified any more people since that 602 number.

That's all that "helpline " seem to do, is give out false information It's so frustrating.. I wouldn't mind but the lady that I always seem to speak with, is as nice as pie.. telling me to " just hang in there, for another few weeks "

Back