Bank of Ireland Informing Customers of Incorrect Rates

On 2 December 2016, Bank of Ireland reduced the main rate on both their 365 Regular Saver product and their MortgageSaver product to 1.20% AER variable as per this press notice.

The CCPC and BoI continue to report the rate as 1.35% AER variable despite the rate change.

BoI have an incorrect rate on their main product page here.
The CCPC have an incorrect rate on their comparison here. (There are also at least 6 other mistakes in the CCPC comparison that I have noticed).

I have contacted both the CCPC and BoI.

Small beans to most but I think it is outrageous that yet again (not the first time by any means) that both the BoI and the CCPC have mislead consumers and can't get basic interest rate data right.

Consumers should get paid the higher rate that BoI advertised to them.

Separately, I have asked BoI to put in writing to me what the rate is on their new GoalSaver Account product.

BoI are contacting the CCPC to get the CCPC to amend their rates.

BoI have confirmed that the GoalSaver Account rate is 1.35% AER variable on the lower tier.

BoI have said that customers of their MortgageSaver product will be paid 1.35% AER variable on the lower tier. Despite BoI advertising a rate change in the press but BoI "decided" not to implement it. (or perhaps forgot!)

I will update the best buys.

Back