Bank of Ireland Cheque Clearance

blackdash

Hi there,

I lodged a cheque in my Bank of Ireland current account on Tuesday. The cheque was to be drawn on an AIB account. According to most reports, it can take up to 5 working days for the cheque to clear for my use.

My question is if the 5 working days include "Lodgement Day"? If that were the case could I expect the money to be cleared by tomorrow?

Any clarity appreciated!

I have a business account with BOI and although i'm a rather dodgy customer i can draw on a cheque the same day that it is lodged.
It still needs time to clear in the background and if it bounces the money comes back out of my account.
But i've never got a bouncer, thank God. :)

I must be very dodgy in that case! No sign of that cheque clearing, really hoping it will be clear by close of business tomorrow. It's crazy to have to wait a week to access money lodged to your account....

I must be very dodgy in that case! No sign of that cheque clearing, really hoping it will be clear by close of business tomorrow. It's crazy to have to wait a week to access money lodged to your account....

Have it paid in electronically and then there is no delay once the money is in the account.

Back