Bank of Ireland CC Refund

KC1981

Hi,

First post here but did anyone get a letter like I did yesterday about refunds on Bank of Ireland Clear credit card due to incorrect charging of interest rates and non advertisement of correct rates?

The letter didn't tell me how much I was due back and apparently it will be back in my account anytime before December 22nd!

Thanks

I got a letter today from BOI saying the borrowing rate for cash advances was not communicated in documents issued to me.

My letter goes on to say my credit card account has not been impacted as I have not incurred interest on cash advances. Fair enough.

Typical bank though, they go on to apologize for any inconvenience caused, and not to hesitate in contacting them with any queries on their 0818 number which appears cost up to 49 cent a minute, depending on landline / mobile / provider / peak / off peak etc.

According to this, if I did need to contact BOI, not only will it cost me to query their error, BOI will make money from me querying their error.

http://www.saynoto1890.com/faq/

Hey,
Just curious, have you received the refund yet? I too got this letter but still haven't received anything back?
Be handy to have before Christmas time.

Thanks

Hi,
I got the same letter and the 22nd has now Passed with no refund (no surprises there) any one else recieve a refund on or before the 22nd?

Cheers

Back