Bank of Ireland before Oireachtas Finance Committee this morning 9.30 am

I also am affected

But still not received a yea or nay from BOI

Received no information from BOI in about 18 months

How can they suggest all done and dusted to the Oireachtas?

So whats the next step for those who feel they are effected?

Wait for phase 3 to end in Sept 2020?

There is very little you can do if you think you are affected but haven't heard and/or you have been affected and haven't been redressed yet.
As @notabene has mentioned in relation to another bank...
Basically the FSO will not adjudicate a complaint against a bank relating to their handling of the examination and suggests that complaints should be directed to the Central Bank.
The Central Bank says 'the Central Bank of Ireland cannot intervene in any individual cases and cannot investigate individual consumer complaints.' - quoting directly from correspondence with me recently.
BOI says that they have handed their Phase II report over to the Central Bank and cannot comment on any further cases pending the Central Bank review of their Phase II progress.
Yes, it is incredibly frustrating. You're right it is ridiculously unfair.

It looks fairly clearcut based on L McLaughlin presentation that the Bank have concluded Phase 2. This means that if you have not by now been restored to your Tracker, you are deemed not to be impacted by the Examination. It also appears though that the CB have not signed off on the submission yet, so they may ask the Bank to look again at some elements of the process.
@moneymakeover how do you see your situation. You will not hear from the Bank unless you are impacted. If you were on TRacker at any time you were in scope for the Review but as I say if you haven't been restored at this stage they are saying you are not going to be.

I agree with what you're saying

I was on the review by BOI

I got a letter from castleisland about a year ago

Nothing since

I remain hopeful

I have spoken to Padraic Kissane and there is still hope

Not surprising the bank decided the way they did. Why wouldn't they.

It requires some kind of intervention by the central bank/regulator.

According to the 2006 consumer protection legislation I clearly have a case.

Based on what the governor said last time he was in the Oireachtas me and my type of case will be returned to tracker.

lenders must review the underlying loan documentation and customer files for the in-scope accounts to determine their specific contractual obligations, and also to determine if the documentation that each customer received had the potential to confuse or mislead the customer, both on a stand-alone basis and when read in conjunction with other communications – be they written or verbal – made to the individual customer.

Just nothing has happened since. And that was April.

He is due to appear again in October.

We live in hope.

Last edited:
Back