Bank of Ireland announces 10.5% credit interest on current accounts

Sherman

Looks like Bank of Ireland are finally realising they have to actually compete in the marketplace. They'll offer 10.5% on credit balances up to €1,500 in current accounts up to February 2008, 4% thereafter.

See here.

Why do you have to register for existing Customers? -This makes no sense to me other than they dont really want everybody registering and hence getting the Interest. What are the T & C's?

Yes typical BOI -make an annoucement and then have people looking all over their website for a place to register that dosent exist yet.

I find this very amusing, I have just switched banks from BoI, and the nice lady at boi rang to tell me about "this offer she just got through the post this morning"... 10.5% interest upto a maximum of €1500
Brief terms are you have to have at least three online transactions per quarter plus other stuff she mentioned ..

We went ahead with the change anyway, so delighted to be away from boi!

Spoke with Banking365 and agent said i should email [email protected] to register for this offer. Contact appears to be Bernie McDonnell phone 1850 753 357/ 661 5933 who's dealing with issues until an online registration system is completed.

i spoke with them and they put me through to local branch who said i could find a form on website or in branch to fill in to apply

im a current boi customer

Too little too late from BOI.

The Halifax offer is more attractive with Visa Debit included.

So Bank of Ireland will pay you a max of €75 up to February and a max of €60 per annum after that?

I don't think that they or AIB or Halifax should be allowed to advertise this product in this way.

Or else they should be obliged to give a large notice on all ads: The maximum you can earn in a year on this product is €60.

Brendan

Just got off the phone with Banking 365 ... they've set up a separate website for this ...

Couldn't find any links to that from any of their main websites so when I initially followed your link I immediately thought it was a phishing attempt.

Checked the ssl certificate, IEDR domain entries and IP whois information to put my mind at rest.

Spoke to them this evening on B365, I asked as an existing current account holder, could I register for the new current account, and they told me 9after being put on hold for 5 minutes) I will be able to "download" the application form from www.boi.ie on Oct 15th ( and presumably print it off and post it in, :rolleyes:), or I could get the form now from my local branch.

Another disastorous product launch from BOI. After a press release on Oct 1st announcing the ability to register online, it takes another 2 weeks to get the website up to date.

Come on BOI, Enter the 21st century ( or even 20th century for that matter)!

So Bank of Ireland will pay you a max of €75 up to February and a max of €60 per annum after that?

I don't think that they or AIB or Halifax should be allowed to advertise this product in this way.

Or else they should be obliged to give a large notice on all ads: The maximum you can earn in a year on this product is €60.

Brendan
I agree, it's joke offering; just over €1 a week, woopie de do!

BOI's 10% on the 1st 1,500 for Current A/C are looking for forms filled and IDs

Following up on BOI's 'Introduction of Credit Interest on Personal Current Account Balances' .

There still no option to register online, so I contacted my branch. They told me that to get interest on my accounts I will have to :

A. Fill up a form, which they will post out to me. They must still be having problems with their IT outsourcing.
B. Send them additional identification, as it is a “legal requirement to have proof of identity, if interest is been paid into an account”.

Please feel free to discuss.

Re: BOI's 10% on the 1st 1,500 for Current A/C are looking for forms filled and IDs

What a load of tosh BoI are. I made a call today to try and get this set up. The first response was:
Ah sure you don't need to register, we'll do it automagically.
When I persisted:
Oh well, I've been on me holidays, sure what do I know.
Then, after talking to supervisor:
Looks like you do. I'll call you back with more details.

That was this morning. It is now this afternoon. I'm still waiting.

I'm also still waiting for another call back this afternoon (from last week) about their high interest 3 month account. Having transferred in mr NR money to my BoI deposit account, they are saying they won't let me open one of the new accounts "because it isn't new money to the bank". Are they the only bank in the world that operate this arcane idea?

They are rubbish and I am going to move my current account, my deposit account, my credit card, my two pensions and my PIP. I've had enough of them.

Re: BOI's 10% on the 1st 1,500 for Current A/C are looking for forms filled and IDs

Having transferred in mr NR money to my BoI deposit account, they are saying they won't let me open one of the new accounts "because it isn't new money to the bank". Are they the only bank in the world that operate this arcane idea?

I actually had the opposite experience, they were trying to get me to open one of those accounts for my NR money.

I was told that the relevant forms for the current accounts will not be available to the branches until next week.

Marion

Back