Bank of China to buy Goodbody

hope their fees come down , not a client but my mother had shares with them for years , holy cow , the fees

Does anybody else feel a little uneasy about this? If a Russian or North Korean government agency were the ones buying Goodbody would it be allowed to proceed?

Does anybody else feel a little uneasy about this? If a Russian or North Korean government agency were the ones buying Goodbody would it be allowed to proceed?
FWIW it’s articles like this - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...in-ireland-activists-claim-1.4097005?mode=amp - that make me uneasy about allowing acquisitions of financial institutions like this. Really feel a conversation needs to be had about whether perhaps the EU should be taking a view on these events where questionable third party nations are involved?

I used to use GB's years ago for a share account. The charges I found as a small investor were prohibitive. I left them for TD Waterhouse who were subsequently taken over by interactive investor UK. Very reasonable charges and excellent customer care.

My simple view was it would aide Chinese investors to put money into Ireland or just get money out China in general.

Who else is going to buy the €1m penthouses on shelbourne road?

Good for the economy that it isnt Irish banks lending to Irish businesses but will be bad for property. Just look at Canada

Yep. When the first deal fell through the joke around town was that they couldn’t find a big enough washing machine. If a printer would do, the State could have taken care of that.

Back