Wrong forum Bank Have Incorrect info on ICB about me - AGAIN!

edwardm

Hi all,

I bought a new car in 2002, on finance from a finance house in Ireland, on a 5 year term.

The repayments were present & correct for approx 3 years, until i got into difficulty & started missing some of them.

After some delay, they repossessed the car, and it sold at auction for 8,000, Took the 5, 700 that was outstanding & sent me a cheque for the balance of approx 2300.

I was initially annoyed, as I thought that if the agreement was more than 50% paid or something like that, they would have to get a court-order to repo, but was glad the whole episode was over, and was nearly thrilled at the cheque for 2300.

But then, I noticed, about six months later, they were reporting incorrectly to the ICB.

After not getting very far with the finance house, I had to complain to the regulator, who gave me the direct line for the big cheese. - And, I was assured it was amended & the ICB report was now correct. - That was May 2007

Roll on nearly 3 years later, and I get a letter from a debt collection company, telling me that my file had been handed over to them, and that there is €200 outstanding, and that they are beginning proceedings for the recovery of same.

I've rang the finance house, and they have offered to get the report from the ICB, and amend it. While I'm not thrilled at there dismal customer service, & my credit history is undoubtedly damaged anyhow, my question is not about that,
- My questions are :-

Are there any legal proceedings that I could bring against them, - not for compensation, but to have a judgment sought regarding the blasé attitude they have towards one's credit rating?

&

Since I was annoyed at the way they repossessed the car in the first place, I've often thought that I could bring legal action against them, could I still initiate action in relation to that?

Back