Bank charging for lodgements

carrig12345

I just received a letter from PTSB stating that there would be a change on my negotiated fee arrangements for my business current account (this had previously been negotiated as €100 p/a).

They've told me that from now on I'll charged 50c for every €100 cash lodged ,19c for every cheque and 60c for every €100 of cash I change during the day.

This new 50c per €100 lodgement charges are going to cost me almost €2,000 per annum (I lodged approx €400k in 2013). So basically my banking charges will rise from €100 in 2013 to over €2000 in 2014.

Is it just me or does this seem extortionate? I appreciate that my previous fee of €100 p/a was low, this was due to the fact I've been doing business with the bank for the past 20 years or so.

I'm considering changing banks, would the other banks have more favourable rates? Advice much appreciated.

I just received a letter from PTSB stating that there would be a change on my negotiated fee arrangements for my business current account (this had previously been negotiated as €100 p/a).

They've told me that from now on I'll charged 50c for every €100 cash lodged ,19c for every cheque and 60c for every €100 of cash I change during the day.

This new 50c per €100 lodgement charges are going to cost me almost €2,000 per annum (I lodged approx €400k in 2013). So basically my banking charges will rise from €100 in 2013 to over €2000 in 2014.

Is it just me or does this seem extortionate? I appreciate that my previous fee of €100 p/a was low, this was due to the fact I've been doing business with the bank for the past 20 years or so.

I'm considering changing banks, would the other banks have more favourable rates? Advice much appreciated.

Lodge your money to a PTSB savings account, go home, go on line and transfer the money to your business current account - should cost you nought.

Back