Bank account query?

maxjam

Has anyone any advice about which account to pay mortgage from?

Should we set up a joint account and direct debit / transfer money each month into it to pay our mortgage or should i just set up the mortgage mandates from my own bank account and my partner lodges her mortgage money into my account?

Just wondering how do most other couples (unmarried) go about this on their first mortgage?

thanks.

Hi
We have a joint account for the mortgage and the billls, We both kept our own personal accounts

We are the same as the previous poster. Joint Mortgage account, seperate personal accounts. I know with PTSB , they wont let you have an joint account that no wages go into unless you already have a personal account that your wages go into with PTSB.

I know with PTSB , they wont let you have an joint account that no wages go into unless you already have a personal account that your wages go into with PTSB.

Myself and the OH have a joint account in PTSB and neither of us have current accounts here...our mortgage is with PTSB so don't know if this makes a difference.

Either way, we have separate current accounts and transfer money to the joint account for mortgage, bills etc...

Has anyone any advice about which account to pay mortgage from?

Should we set up a joint account and direct debit / transfer money each month into it to pay our mortgage or should i just set up the mortgage mandates from my own bank account and my partner lodges her mortgage money into my account?

Just wondering how do most other couples (unmarried) go about this on their first mortgage?

thanks.

W're married and have a joint account and two individual accounts, Its certainly helped us the first few months separate money for extras and money for fixed bills, especially as FTB's not having been here before

We also have a joint account with the bank mortgage is with, both have personal accounts too in other banks but are trying to get rid of them to be honest as we don't really use them. Just opened a personal account in the mortgage bank with free banking. Unless original personal a/c bank has been good to you, I don't see the point in giving them money for nothing.

Back