Baltimore Washington International Airport

M

Marie

I'm attending a conference in Baltimore in June and the organisers' advance information to delegates is to fly into "Baltimore Washington International airport" and take a taxi for $20 to the university campus (just outside Baltimore).

Anyone familiar with this area? Do Air Lingus fly to BWI from Shannon?

Anyone know the Baltimore area and what's good to see, do and eat (given that the conference will be the usual American offering of 8.00am start working through to 6.00 or 7.00...........)

Marie, my son is "going" with a girl from Virginia and uses BWI on a regular basis. Yes Aer Fungus do service BWI but only during the late spring ,Summer & early Autumn months, and yes some do stop at Shannon ....as regards things to do try [broken link removed] and also [broken link removed]

Marie,

Some of these might provide some helpful info. Just taking one [broken link removed] shows a few different airlines flying there from Shannon.

This list from might help especially . :)

So THAT'S where Chesapeake Bay is! Leatherarse thank you for the links. It looks very beautiful and it seems seafood is the thing so I shall have to put my vegetarianism aside for a fortnight. Babe Ruth was born there, Edgar Allan Poe died there, and I'm going to a conference there!

Sueellen - my set-off point is London Heathrow if I go directly to the US from here but I seem to remember a post a long time ago quoting a very very cheap Aer Lingus deal out of Dublin with a stopover at Shannon. From what Dr. Moriarty says about those parts I durn't "go West" unarmed and stay unharmed!

Aer Lingus used to serve BWI from Dublin (via Shannon) last year .. however they dropped it in the autumn, redeploying their capacity on their "charter" route to Orlando

Currently they don't seem to have any schedules loaded indicating that they will restart the route next summer (though I guess it is a possibility)

The only transatlantic flights to BWI are from Heathrow with British Airways .. other than that it's really only domestic flights at BWI it's a (relatively) small airport

Other options might be flying from Dublin-Newark with Continental and connecting on to BWI .. .Or US Airways should be flying from Dublin-Philadelphia non stop this summer ... Philadelphia is pretty close to Baltimore might be a good option.

Thanks EvilDoktorK - I'll explore the US Airways Dublin-Philadelphia rather than fly British Airways which I've found to be dear dire and often delayed! It's great to have an expert around........

Back