ballyhaunis mayo

AIDAN MORONE

hi

was in mayo at the weekend and drove through ballyhaunis.there seems to be a lot of new houses being built in the surrounding areas,are these being sold,will they be sold and what sort of prices are they selling at

am

Re: ballyhaunis

am

Have a look on daft.ie. There are currently 226 properties listed for sale in Ballyhaunis. Seems a new 96 bed hotel is opening soon and there is a 9 hole golf course which is being extended to an 18 hole course. There is a new development called the Maples with prices starting at 169k

Hard to know if all of these houses will be sold to owner occupiers or rented out. I live in Ballina myself and there has been rapid building going on over the last few years but an awful lot of houses are rented.

Hi

Can be a bit smelly in the summer time as there is big HALAL factory just outside the town

Hi

Can be a bit smelly in the summer time as there is big HALAL factory just outside the town

I can second this!! My brother worked there for one Summer and it was Hell.

But back on topic, I would imagine alot of them will be for the rental market. I know in Claremorris - probably the biggest nearest town a quarter of the population is made up of non-nationals and with a huge proportion of them renting out properties it has fuellend the rate of development in the town. Property in general is alot more affordable than say Dublin or Galway, these towns are now seeing an influx of people commuting to Galway on a daily basis also. Are you buying to rent or to live in?

Back