Ballpark Fixed Business Costs

CorkGuy12

Hi all,

Looking for ballpark figures for some back-of-the-envelope costings, of a possible new venture with a 8000-10,000 sq ft warehouse type building, for an indoor sports club.

I'm looking for some rough figures for the following:

Electricity Costs - Just lighting really, but would probably be on 12 hrs a day, and the place would be reasonably bright. Other than that, just one or two computers, and maybe a small kitchen/canteen. (around about 5 staff)

Heating - 2 or 3 small internal offices would have some sort of heating. The main body of the building may have heating also, but I suspect that would be extremely expensive so might forsake it.

Water rates etc: - we'll have male and female toilets with probably 2 showers.

Insurance: Rough public liability insurance costs for such a sized facility. The members will have have their own insurance, but the facility itself will need some.

I realise of course that every business is different but some guidelines on the above items would be really useful, if anybody has any experience or ideas. It's trivial to work out the big costs (wages/rent etc) but I'm having a hard time tracking down the 'smaller' fixed costs.

Thanks!

And Rates will have to be paid and property Insurance.

Back