Ballinteer commute

D

dermCu

I'm thinking of moving to the Ballinteer area and was wondering if anyone in here is familiar with the commute to the city centre (College Green area)

Anyone living in this area drive, get the bus (or luas from Dundrum) into town ??
Advice/times ??

Going to do some trial runs but as we all know Dublin traffic is an unpredictable beast!

cheers

Don`t Drive!
116 from Ballinteer to dundrum takes 15 minutes. Jump on the luas from there and you are at stephens green in another 15minutes. Driving can take you anything from 60 - 120 minutes.

Moved there last October, luas is as already described but depends on where u are working in the city if it is worthwhile. Work in ifsc and generally drive. If u leave before 8am then journey varies between 35 to 60 mins. For college green area, I would say luas is best. If u drive to dundrum u have to park ur car on the street but balally station is probably closer.

Depending on where in Ballinteer you are moving to, you could end up with 10-15 minute walk of Balally LUAS station. I reckon Dave's estimate of a 15 minute LUAS run into town is slightly optimistic, but only by a couple of minutes. And the frequency is every 5 minutes at peak time. If you really wanted to, you could drive to Balally and park for €4 per day, but I think you'd be crazy to drive.

And you'd be really, really crazy to drive into town.

Davegrid said:
Moved there last October, luas is as already described but depends on where u are working in the city if it is worthwhile. Work in ifsc and generally drive. If u leave before 8am then journey varies between 35 to 60 mins. For college green area, I would say luas is best. If u drive to dundrum u have to park ur car on the street but balally station is probably closer.

Hi - looking to move out to Ballinteer - also work in IFSC - what route do you take when driving into IFSC? What is the drive like? Thanks

Avoid Harolds Cross at all costs anyway, it is a disaster.
The route we take is Nutgrove, Mount Carmel, Palmerstown, Ranelagh bridge, Stephens Green, Pearse St ..

It still takes 45 mins leaving at 7:45, but it's the best we've found so far.

Back