Ballinaskully

T

Telly

Came across some RTE programme last night called Ballinaskully,I think - what a load of twaddle. Somehow I felt that I had seen it before, but really it was a hopeless dog's dinner of rehashes by RTE. There was some guy in it how was completely typecast as the the young rebellious curate in Fr Ted - he even still had the overhanging hair.

Absolute Sh*te

Yes I think its called Killinaskully and youre correct in stating its rubbish. Don't know how it gets the air time. Its the same old Pat Short gig which is old hat - been there done that. "Ya What". Had to switch off - this is not what I call entertainment.

Re: Absolute Sh*te

It didn't live up to it's expectations (and it's no Ted) but it's not that bad. Watched it last night. Mildly entertaining and better than a lot of crap on RTE.
It has its moments. Shortt can be quite funny in parts (the women joggers are classic), but perhaps it's not always consistent.
I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't got quite a cult following already mind you.

Re: Absolute Sh*te

Saw it yesterday for the first time and have to admit to laughing a good bit. Mind you, I never really saw D'Unbelievables or Pat Shortt in anything else so it could be I'm laughing at a lot of stuff that's been done lots before. It was a comedy of errors though so if you only came in halfway through it mightn't have made much sense. Actually, I found I had a somewhat similar reaction to this as I usually have to The Office - hiding behind a cushion cringing because I'm pretty sure I know people like this!

Killinascully

Missed it last night. Watched last weeks (Father Phil O Pino) and the one before that.

Actually thought it was quite good. No father Ted, but enjoyed it never the less. Thought some of the characters were great!

I don't know about this Ted

I watched the pilot about 2 weeks ago and thought it was awful. The phrase "flogging a dead horse" comes to mind. Some of the jokes were good, but many of them weren't, and the runinng gags just wore on and on and on.

On the road.
"Are you here for the fishing ?"
"No, we are here to make a film."
"Ah, you're in luck so, there's great trout to be had in the lake out the road"

At the Garda Station.
"Are you here for the fishing ?"
"No, we are here to make a film."
"Ah, you're in luck so, there's great trout to be had in the lake out the road"

I flicked over and caught the end of a totally different Irish comedy. This was the one about yer man Rats and his two mates Brainer and someone else trying to get into some You're a Star thing. The characters were much much funnier and Gerry Ryan and Louis Walsh taking lumps out of each other was fun. It's a pity I missed the rest of the series.

Re: I don't know about this Ted

...I think it deserves a bit of credit. It is playing off of the success of D'unbelieveables. The show does proliferate many aspects of a part of ireland that is rapidly dissappearing - hughly exagerated & humorous of course. Whether it entertains you or not is a matter of taste. I've only caught 2 episodes & am looking forward to another...

ninsaga

killinascully

Seen it for the first time last sunday. Meself and missus car loved it. Smiles and groans throughout.
Id put it down as the irish equiv. of "only fools and horses". Unfunnily enough, a program I could never laugh at.

It'll never replace "where in the world" on a sunday evening tho.

Back