Ballaghadareen, Rosscommon.. up & coming area?

larry1

Looking at purchasing a section 23 house in Ballaghadareen, Rosscommon. Don't know the area at all but from initial research their is a new hotel & Industrial estates being built. Would it be a good investment? Expanding area?

Any feedback gratefully appreciated!

for similar money you could get carrick on shannon which at least has tourist potential and loads of local employment mbna and tesco to name a few.

Thanks for reply, what are you basing your views on.. personal experience? Builder guaranteeing rental income for 5 years. New hotel and industrial estates.. somebody must see potential?

Drive through there 3 times per week and have a business near the area.
Remember the folks building theindustrial estate and hotel are there primarily there for the tax relief.
I get worried when I hear guarenteed rental income as it is a marketing ploy to sell a house that otherwise would be difficult to sell.
How much is house/appt?

Hi there,
I come from a little village about 10 miles away from Ballagh and I would not be so sure about this town expanding too much more. This is a town I have seen an awful lot of change in these past few years, pretty much the same as any other west of Ireland small town.

Having said that, I recently spoke with an in-law who has a house in the town and she mentioned how her and my cousin (who are getting married soon) were going to rent the house they were currently in and build a new one. My response was, do you think there is really a market for renting in Ballagh and her response was that there definitely was!! To be honest I found this hard to believe but all the small towns down the west seem to be doing well. My only question is where the heck are all the people coming from?

M

West property rental market is very weak.
In Mayo Castlebar has huge oversupply as does Ballina.
Ballinrobe huge oversupply also.
Galway or Sligo more solid.
Best of luck.

Back