Bad credit

Natasha W

Hi all. Looking for some advice. I have a revoked credit card which I’ve paid off in full. It’s not due to come off ICB till 2021. Me and partner really want to get a mortgage. Other then this blip my finances are in good order, we can show repayment capacity have been renting for 5 years and also saving the last while. We have deposit and earn a decent amount between us. We have 1 child, no Creche fees as she comes to work with me. Do you think we have a chance or will my record stop us?

Your best bet is to speak to a mortgage broker who might well convince a lender to make an exception for you.

Make sure that they have an agency with Pepper who does offer near-Prime mortgages at a higher mortgage rate.

Brendan

Pepper Money should be an option, as Brendan suggested. There may be other options as well, depending on how acceptable and plausible the reasons for the revoked card were, and at what stage in 2016 it was recorded on the ICB (if it was more than 2 years ago that would be better).

Best regards,
Dave Curry CFP®
https://www.linkedin.com/in/davecurryirl

Ok great thank you. I’ve spoken to a broker. He thinks it’s not as bad as it seems. Wants me to write a letter explaining reasons why this happened. So fingers crossed

Ive recently been told that two small loans i regnaded on (i had a fairly valid reason) would be overlooked once i paid them back, the mortgage would be given. One of the main banks as well

Back