Bad attitude at Ulster Bank

T

tam

Is it just me or UB think of themselves as the centre of the world, this was my second attempt to open a current acc with them, this time around because of the Halifax flop.

It all boils down to a simple client service approach as if I have to bow down to the mighty customer service stuff if I simply would like to enquire about their current acc T&C's.

Does anyone else find them arrogant especially in this murky times when every new customer is more then welcome. They seem to show their negative attitude that just simply puts me off ever going to them.

Mind you this happened in two different brunches where my first attempt was in the boom years and they where offering the famous €150 for switching over to them.

Re: Ulster Bank Attitide

It all boils down to a simple client service approach as if I have to bow down to the mighty customer service stuff if I simply would like to enquire about their current acc T&C, does anyone else find them arrogant especially in this murky times.

Eh excuse me have you been to AIB or BoI recently ?? They really couldn't give a damn about Conor Customer. These two work on I'm allright Jack, stuff the rest of you.

Anyway do you want to use a Bank as a Social Club or somewhere to place and withdraw your money.

Anything else call the Samaritans or the Simon community or any other help group.

Not looking for compassion from bank customer service staff, but c'mon, just simple non "who are you" "what d'ya want" attitude would be great, and yes I have dealt with BOI - and no thank you, never again. Looks like some other third option bank for me this time.

I went in to Ulster Bank today to ask about their Pathway account, which has a 1% bonus "for the first 6 months". I wanted to know if there would be a penalty if I withdrew my funds after the 6 months, and yes, the rate I'd get then would only be the one year average of 3.1%.
It's highly misleading to refer to the bonus as a 6 month one, in that case.

Agreed with the negative comments about Ulster Bank. I have had some awful experiences with them and their product T&C's are less than clear with frequent usage of sneaky T&C's.

The best customer service experiences I have had have been with Investec, Halifax and PTSB. The worst customer service experiences I have had have been with BOI, AIB and Ulster.

Re: Ulster Bank Attitude

Went to their branch in Ranelagh today. Explained my circumstances - Halifax Debit card useless soon and that I just needed a Visa Debit card - was told what to bring in and given the direct line to the lady who willl set up the current account. Just buzz her, make an appointment and Bobs your uncle. At least that is what I was told. Will post result after event takes place.

Have to agree with the negative comment regarding UB here.

I have a mortgage with them, and they made a hash of my original switch of my account to Halifax, in relation to Direct Debit, totally UB's fault.

I took a case to the FSO, after a series of errors and threatening letters from UB, completely due to their own mis-management of my Mortgage Account.

They were extremely slow in coming forward with any apology or indeed a proper resolution to the problem which they created. Their so-called customer service is a joke.

The FSO found in my favour, and UB had to pay me appropriate compensation for my trouble. But AGAIK, they never learn, and CS is still as bad as ever.

Yikes...didnt want to hear this about UB. FA accounts have just become UB accounts oficially over the weekend with access now via the UB web address... part i dont like is the FA interest rates took nose dive last year when news about UB taking them over materialised. Pity FA and now halifax on the way out.. Hopefully some of their staff will end up in UB.

Well, regarding my disapproval of their general attitude goes back to 2006 when I first attempted to open an acc with them.

I then went into Ranelagh branch this is when they offered 150 EUR for opening an acc with them. Decided to drop in to see whats what and this is when it all started to go downhill.
The kind lady from CS said that apart from usual ID and utility bill I also had to provide a letter from my employer (which to me was unheard of since I was a holder of an AIB acc).

I just thought that maybe I was transported back in time or something when this was a requirement.
So i didn't bother and went to Halifax instead and no problem until recent news.

Todays trip to two branches proved futile, the branch in O'Connell was over-crowded, the one in College Green was completely empty and the staff there was on some sort of "vacation" and how dared I interrupting such a wonderful time for them.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating things a little bit, but I gather that quite a few folks are not generally happy with this institution.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating things a little bit, but I gather that quite a few folks are not generally happy with this institution.

And which institution are they generally happy with ?

As a poster in this thread, critical of UB, I can say that I am and was quite happy with Halifax, and their CS staff in Dundalk, always found them helpful and easy to deal with.

And, can I also agree with Chlipps, regarding my accounts with FA.

Now they are UB accounts, which does not please me.

I went in to Ulster Bank today to ask about their Pathway account, which has a 1% bonus "for the first 6 months". I wanted to know if there would be a penalty if I withdrew my funds after the 6 months, and yes, the rate I'd get then would only be the one year average of 3.1%.
It's highly misleading to refer to the bonus as a 6 month one, in that case.

I think you got the wrong info there (or else I did) I recently opened a pathway account, and was told I get 3.6% for everyday of the first 6 months. If I made a withdrawal or closed the account at 6mths or less I'd get the bonus rate for the time the account was open.

The person I was dealing with was very helpful, thinking of going back to open a current account now that Halifax is going.

Who do they think they are???? public servants:(

Well, as the Parent, RBS is 84% owned by the British Taxpayer, in a sense they are, British Public Servants

But I would not try to stretch that too far :D

Agree with negative comments with UB. Went to branch last week (not my branch) to organise a bank draft of a fairly small amount in dollars. Even though I've been at this Branch at least twice a month for the past 4 years, and most, if not all, of the counter staff know me to see, they insisted on Photo ID before processing the draft! How to make things really awkward for customers - must be part of their Customer Service Excellence Charter!!

Agree with negative comments with UB. Went to branch last week (not my branch) to organise a bank draft of a fairly small amount in dollars. Even though I've been at this Branch at least twice a month for the past 4 years, and most, if not all, of the counter staff know me to see, they insisted on Photo ID before processing the draft! How to make things really awkward for customers - must be part of their Customer Service Excellence Charter!!

I have been a UB customer for years, had my own probs but generally found them Ok if very slow in processing stuff. I am commercial customer with AIB and had lots of probs as well.
I would imagine Photo ID is quite standard to be honest before processing a draft it is for your own security after all!!

They are often excessive in their demands for Photo ID. I have been asked for ID when lodging money to my partners account. Bizarre.

I do lot of shopping online, so the visa dedit card with halifax was really useful.

Is there any bank other than Ulster that offers a visa debit card?

Back