BACS query

c71

Hi,

I'm currently working abroad and haven't got access to and international phone line to call Bank of Ireland directly. Perhaps someone here can help?

My employer based in the UK will be sedning my salary to my account in Ireland using the BACS system. I need to provide an IBAN number to them to facilitate this. Does anyone know what the IBAN number for Bank of Ireland and if so I'd appreciate it if you could add it here.

Thanks,

C71

Would this not be your sort code/bank account as we use BACS in work and this is the only information the company needed from us?

the IBAN is made up of your sort & account code

my BOI IBAN takes the format

IExx BOFI XXXX XXXX XXXX XX

the number after IE is different for each account AFAIK. the 3 blocks of 4 and the final 2 are the sort code and account number.

You would need a recent statement to get all the numbers though.

Have you got a bank statement handy? It's legally obliged to be on that.

[broken link removed] claims to tell you your IBAN number, but I'd be very reluctant to put my actual details in. You could try inputting all the relevant details with just a fake account number though.

As contemporary said, the last bit of the IBAN is the sort code and a/c number.
See [broken link removed].

cobalt said:
Have you got a bank statement handy? It's legally obliged to be on that.

[broken link removed] claims to tell you your IBAN number, but I'd be very reluctant to put my actual details in. You could try inputting all the relevant details with just a fake account number though.

I wouldnt trust it either, but even if you put in fake details the check sum code is different (the 2 digits after IE) so its of no use

Back