Back to Work Enterprise Allowance and Full Time Education

acacia

I'm wondering if it is possible to attend a full time course of education while in receipt of the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance.
I have a business idea and, hopefully some capital to get things off the ground, and will be applying for the BTWEA in the new year. I would also like to do a Masters degree next September. The business I hope to start is tourism based so the bulk of the degree would be in the low season and I feel I could juggle both). There is also the option of setting up in partnership with another person who would qualify for BTWEA, but this is dependent on a number of factors.
I guess what I need to is, would I lose the BTWEA entitlement if I did a course at the same time?

Your business idea must be a full-time business, seasonal or casual self employment will not be approved.

If you do get your business approved, there is nothing to stop you entering education or other employment provided that your business continues to trade.

If you do get your business approved, there is nothing to stop you entering education or other employment provided that your business continues to trade.

That's the main thing I needed to know, it's not like being on JSA where you get kicked off if you do a course?

I'm not sure yet if that is the route I will take...I actually envisage the "low" season to be quite busy with marketing, bookings, other activities etc., and may be too busy to do a course. Still, want to keep all my options open.

Back