Back to School Clothing and Footware Allowance

one daugher in secondary, 170e for her uniform next week which my mam buying for her, where do they get the prices from, thank god doing transition year so not too many books for her but other daughter in primary, these are allnd new editions etcetc and work books so all have to be bought new.. the schools are so underfunded they are not getting any extras for the free english readers, bail out banks and kids cant even get readers!!!!!!!!

Check the Community Welfare Service Website for information on how to apply - see [broken link removed]

Looking at the website I see they state:
For Limerick, Clare and Tipperary North, more information on where to return the forms will be available shortly, and will be published in the local press and on local radio.

On the one hand we have Hanafin telling us to apply for the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Scheme ASAP yet when you look for information on where to send it this is what you get.
I sent off the form to the Community Welfare Officer before I noticed this on the website and got it returned back with a note that they haven't decided yet where they should be sent. Good to see they are on top of things!.

The problem is that the CWOs are so busy dealing with the enormous increase in other claims that they simply can't manage the Back to School scheme as well.

Extra staff have been promised to help to process the scheme, but there have been delays in recruitment which is why the scheme isn't up and running all over the country as yet.

I agree totally that the CWO are overworked and more staff are needed.
The problem is you have Hanafin issuing press releases urging people to apply straight away when as you say the scheme isn't up and running yet.
She just does it to make herself look good and cover up the fact that she is a total waste of space.

i phoned the CWO in my area today, and she said they have not started to prosses forms yet..it will be end july before they start, did anyone else here that Ttree

A girl who works with me handed hers into the CWO yesterday. Said she would have it in a couple of weeks. I'm sending mine in tomorrow. Mayo area

How many children do you have?

The limits for couples are:

1 child €560, 2 children €586, 3 children €612, 4 children €638,

I think you have a mistake as regards the amount, when I filled the application with the application form there were the amounts and they are as follows...
Child born on or between Payment amount

01/10/1997 and 30/09/2007* €200.00
01/10/1986 and 30/09/1997** €305.00

Just to clarify -

The limits that samanthajane referred to are the income limits - a person's total income must be under those limits in order to qualify (the figures quoted are the limits for 2-parent family, the limits for a 1-parent family are lower).

The amounts that Dream 250 quoted are the actual amounts paid out.

hi, wht do u need to submit with the application form. Do they require payslips etc. Ours are currently with the FIS people........and are likely to be d=so until after the deadline.....how ill this work forus?

thnaks

If you are working, then you must attach a recent payslip to the Back to School Application form, otherwise the form will most likely be returned to you and won't be processed. Apply as soon as you get your next payslip.

hi just to say my BTSCFA came through this week. it took about six weeks .Ttree

Applications for Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare area are taking at least 6 weeks to process as they're all being dealt with by a central unit.

yup.had to send mine to a po.box. lucky i joined the book club and have most books and uniform ready just in case.

hi there i was just wanting to no has any one got the back to school money yet and i just moved address so i wanted to no does any one no the tel num for them i looking for the waterford num thanks for ure help

I applied the first week in June, it's now the 11th of August and still no word or sign of payment. As a single parent of three, I'm starting to get really worried as there is only about three weeks left untill school starts. Has anyone had this payment yet?

hi cat101 im the same as u . i sent mine the 1st week in june and not had any word .im a single parent with two kids .is there no number we can ring to see whats happing as its only 3 weeks left .

hi,sorry if this has been asked already but can i get it for a 3yr old(only child) who will be hopefully starting playschool(if we can figure out away off getting the money together)Husband earns €580 pw & we get a medical card,no fis or any other supplement

I got it for my eldest when he started school aged 5 and they automatically sent out a payment for my 3 year old also, Thinking it was a mistake and that they would come looking for a refund; I questioned it and they said my 3 yr old was intitled to it as he was at preschool age. You should apply for it.
I phoned my local clinic who use to deal with it and asked them for a contact number but she said they don't have a number..?? I find my self waiting for the postman everyday.The poor lad is only about 17 I'm sure he thinks I fancy him!

hi,sorry if this has been asked already but can i get it for a 3yr old(only child) who will be hopefully starting playschool(if we can figure out away off getting the money together)Husband earns €580 pw & we get a medical card,no fis or any other supplement

The limit for a couple with 1 child is €560 per week, so your just over but i would apply anyway and see if you can get it. You can recieve the back to school allowance when your child is 2 years old.

I got it for my eldest when he started school aged 5 and they automatically sent out a payment for my 3 year old also, Thinking it was a mistake and that they would come looking for a refund; I questioned it and they said my 3 yr old was intitled to it as he was at preschool age. You should apply for it.
I phoned my local clinic who use to deal with it and asked them for a contact number but she said they don't have a number..?? I find my self waiting for the postman everyday.The poor lad is only about 17 I'm sure he thinks I fancy him!

nothing wrong with a toyboy lol

Back