Back to School Clothing Allowance-Qualify if income deceases for last wk of Sept on

Cashstrapped

I note that the Back to School Clothing Allowance can be applied for up to the 30th of September. Currently I am over the qualifying income amount, in receipt of reduced Lone Parents and half rate Illness Benefit which is due to stop on the 25th September, after that I will fall well within the rate for the Back to School Clothing Allowance.

Just wondering if I would be eligable to apply for the BTS if I get my application in before the 30th September or is it based on your income over the previous month etc. Don't want to waste everyones time by applying for it if it's based over a month or 2 month period but would appreciate getting it if I do qualify, thanks.

Also I should say the maintenance agreement i have states ex should pay half back to school costs will that be taken into account, he does not however pay any of these costs.

Re: Back to School Clothing Allowance-Qualify if income deceases for last wk of Sept

i would apply anyway and see if you qualify.. you have nothing to lose

Re: Back to School Clothing Allowance-Qualify if income deceases for last wk of Sept

Yes, you will be eligible to apply, and if your income is below the guideline (and your application is sent by 30/9) you'll qualify, even if you're currently above the limit.

Regarding the maintenance agreement, only the amount of maintenance being paid is taken into account. Other sections (such as the one you mentioned) are not relevant for the scheme.

Thanks for the replies, that's great news wasn't expecting that I would qualify so thats great.

hi i just moved address and i wanted to no how do i contact them to give them my new address is there a tel number for them its in waterford thanks all

Back