Back to Education AND Grant - both?

Mumtoe&e

I am heading into second year of a 4 year degree course - I am confused about the changes to the eligibility for both the BTEA and the grant together - I am hearing conflicting reports

Some people are telling me that although it has been changed that you can only now get either or, not both - others tell me this only applies to new applicants and that if you were in receipt of BTEA & The grant in previous years that you continue to get both - and that the new rule only applies to new applicants - can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

From SW website....

From September 2010, students entering a new course or progressing to a new course, who are in receipt of BTEA, will no longer be eligible for the maintenance element of the student grant.

Students in receipt of the BTEA and the maintenance grant in the 2009-10 academic year will continue to be eligible to receive both payments for the duration of their current course provided they meet the terms and conditions of both schemes.

It appears from this information that you will be okay, and will get both BTEA and Grant for the duration of your 4 year degree.

Back