Baby Shops in N. Ireland

Newbie!

Hi,

We have a new baby on the baby just after christmas and are finally getting around to buying a buggy etc. The buggy is the biggest expense and my husband has decided that he doesnt want to buy this second hand so we're trying to shop around for good value. We've visited most o the places in Dublin and just wonder if anyone has any recommendations for baby shops in the north?

What type of buggy are you looking for? Smyths do basic buggys that are suitable for newborns, and under €100.

Eurobaby were doing a cracking deal there on Quinny Buzz's in their sale a few weeks back. We got one there. cheaper than anywhere i looked at. And I REALLY looked!

@terrysgirl we're looking for a buggy/pram for use from birth. Smyths are good or toddlers rather than babies.

@peteb, we did like the quinny but the dimensions are too big.

We bought a travel system in Samuel Johnston Belfast for our grand-child....it was over €150 cheaper than buying it in the south. They also deliver so if you see something you like down south you can buy it online with Samuel Johnston and have it delivered.

http://www.samueljohnston.com/

With the exchange rate the way it is, its not really worth going up north.
I never bought one of those expensive travel systems and am glad I didn't.
Obviously its a personal choice but they are generally bulky, awkward, heavy and expensive.
I bought a Maclaren XLR and its great, its suitable from birth, easy to get in and out of the car and easy to bring on holidays. I am expecting another baby now and have to buy a double, so I am glad I didn't splash out on an expensive travel system that would be fairly useless to me with 2 children under 2.
So many of my friends bought expensive Bugaboo, Quinny and iCandy travel systems and 6 months later were looking for a lightweight buggy.
But in answer to your direct question no I don't think it is worth it, its not that much cheaper and if you need to return, exchange any items its handier if the shops are closer.

Thanks everyone.

@argentina, I understand what you're saying light. We have debated this a lot. The buggy we're thinking about we'd hope to get for €900 in January. The maclaren as an example costs €370. Add another €300 for the car seat and base. We won't have to buy a Moses basket as the pram is suitable for night sleeping. We're buying everything else second hand so I don't think we're paying over the odds.

Back