Baby P

MandaC

Have to say I cried buckets reading about Baby P's short life of torture at the hands of those who were supposed to love and nurture him.

Can anyone answer a question though. The lodger's photo was shown along with his name and age and yet neither the mother or the boyfriend were named.

Why is this? Is it to protect the identity of baby P?

A very sad case indeed, there has been a lot about it on Sky news this week. Would assume it is to protect identity of baby P alright....

heya, there are leaglitites outstanding on the mother and the boyfriend, that is why they cant be mentioned, its a disgrace, im the sam ei started bawling at my desk the other day! very very sad, they found a tooth in the stomach, cos the baby was punched int he face so hard, i mean seriously!! 60 times they had a chance, what in gods name is there a high risk list for, just take the child away, no resources or homes etc. surely there are foster parents that can take the child in for a few days until they investigate the parents or whatever. this makes me so mad!!! :(

I must admit I couldn't read the whole report of the abuse he suffered but what I did read was enough to make me cry. I know it's a general statement and I don't know all the facts but where was his father? He went on record to say he loved the boy but didn't he see anything?

At the end of the day though that little boy suffered and died, no amount of finger pointing will change that but let's hope lessons are learnt and may he rest in peace.

Would I be a fascist if I said that the "mother" and boyfriend should be shot at dawn? I'll risk being called a fascist so.

I still d'ont understand why they are not named, even though the boyfriends brother is named, although you will easily find their names on the internet.

If it is to protect the baby's identity, I really cant see the point.

There are a lot of "bystanders" who are guilty of not speaking out as well.

Whole think shows what can happen as a result of disfunctional families.

I must admit i could't even read the papers or watch the news on this case. I simply can't understand how anoyoe can do such a thinh. When i look at my son and see his happy little face it fills me with rage to think people can do this and get away with it. (By which i mean be allowed to keep breathing):mad:

The Death Sentance would not be enough.

Whole think shows what can happen as a result of disfunctional families.[/quote]

Whole thing shows in my opinion the mind set that pervades a lot of thinking when it comes to at risk children. I really would love to hear people's views on it. What I have witnessed myself is this belief that the child should if at all possible be with the parents and in the past we used to blame this in Ireland on the influence of the Catholic church. Well , it still goes on. I know of children who would be better off having no contact with their parents, but they are almost forced to do so by the system.
Fact is that some people should not be parents, and surely we as a society should face this. There are no easy choices, but in situations where the parents are obviously abusive or neglectful, why should they be allowed keet or have access to their children particularly if children are very young .Okay, older children should have the power to decide themselves on what they would like.
Lots of children who were adopted did very well and brought immense joy to people who wanted them.It's almost impossible now with social pressure to give up babies, well I'm sorry but a lot of the kids I have seen would have been better off if they never laid eyes on their 'real' parents!!!!The loving family is the ideal but it is the most dangerous place on earth when it turns sour and you're a vulnerable child!!!

There was a very interesting article on it in a Northern Irish paper. The people responsible in this case are the product of disfunctional families themselves and the abuse just goes on with increasingly violent behaviour being accepted as the norm.

There was a very interesting article on it in a Northern Irish paper. The people responsible in this case are the product of disfunctional families themselves and the abuse just goes on with increasingly violent behaviour being accepted as the norm.

I've heard of this, where abused children grow up to become abusers. I struggle with that though, everyone know what is right and wrong.
I suppose regular sane lay people can't even begin to imagine what goes on in the mind of an abuser, something must be missing as the instinct is to protect the young.
My strongest reaction in such situations however is to ask how a mother can allow this to happen to her child, never mind be the one to cause pain.

Not even taking it to that level though. Every family is disfunctional, to some level.

I dont necessarily think that abused children grow up to be abusers, but certainly people in abusive families have a higher level of tolerance of what is the norm and the boundaries are pushed out all the time.

I remember speaking to a friend of mine, whose father bullied the mother. She was speaking about her own relationship and whilst I cant remember the jist of the conversation, the next line was "and then he grabbed me by the neck" and went on to the next point of conversation. It was said in the same tone as , "and then we made a cup of tea".

She could not believe why I was so shocked.

i dont think dysfunctional is the correct term here, there are also cases where the families are percieved as 'proper famileis', i know plenty of families, one in particular i am thinking of, the father is in a very good high up job, parents togther, but there was constant bullying, even physical abuse and thier sons have continued to do the same.

IMHO i think the biggets problem here is it wasnt stopped, the powers that be certainly could have but didnt, that is why there is such media around this case.

i think hurting a child(as someone said, just look at the innocent face) is completely wrong! there is definitely something lacking in these situations, what i find interesting in this case is how in gods name did they find a lodger that was ok wiht this kind of behaviour! did they put an add in the paper? did they discuss kicking the living daylights out of a child in the local and he joined in. whatever abt peodophiles there are ways to connect to these people on the internet and stuff. if completely baffles me how the three of these people found eachother??

and IMO i think the biological father should get arrested for neglect or something too, if he had access to his child he should have known or seen something!

Last edited:
I only read about this story in the newspaper the other day (dont have Sky/BBC) and I was truly sick and angry. It just appalled me.

I turned to my wife who is anti death penatly and said these people should be executed and she agreed.

People in Holloway have been revolted by what she has done. Inside, it would be a badge of honour among inmates if they could get to her and take revenge for the death of her baby.

honour among thieves, she is on suicide watch and being protected from the other inmates....lets home someone gets thier 'badge of honour'

Really? a lodger? im not sure, how can they give his name and not hers?? i thought he was always referred to as the lodger??

am shocked its another relative!! :O

I read somewhere today that the lodger is the brother of the boyfriend and he was living there with his 15 year old girlfriend..he's 36!!

Back