B&Q bathroom refurb

CharlieC

Hi

Has anyone used B&Q to supply bathroom suite and do accompanying work, like plumbing tiling etc. Any feedback appreciated

Hi
we bought in B&Q recnetly in athlone. the suite is great and the service excellant. they delivered straight away and followed up with phone calls to check on the delivery service. Both B&Q and the delivery company they use were really good, efficent and recommend them highly. we didnt use their installers, so dont know about them

Do you mind me asking Macker, what were your installation costs- we have an appt next week with their designer and will likely get a quote then for installation, tiling and other work, but may source, plumber tiler seperately

Thanks
CharlieC

Hiya
Unfortunately, it is a new build and the plumber is doing the whole house, underfloor heating, boilers, installing all bathroom stuff etc, so the cost is included in his overall price, so have no clue, sorry about that.

Hiya,

Had B&Q fit kitchen 4 wks ago. Bought kitchen off them and paid for the fitting by them (thinking this was a good idea!) Two weeks ago four presses FELL OFF THE WALL. B&Q completely gave us the runaroun, not returning phone calls, telling us managers were not on duty only to find out after that they were. Finally they are going to make amends. An electrician fillted spot lights for us and they are trying to blame the electrician for the presses falling down. The use plasterboard anchors to hold the presses to the wall. There are no permanent fixings ie batons to take the weight or bolts into the main cavity wall. I would not recommend them at all for fitting. I have recently found out that another person is taking legal action against them By all means buy the goods and get them delivered to you but get somebody else to do the fitting. BE WARNED!!!

Hi I got a quote recently from B 7 Q for bathroom ensuite and downstairs loo. Quote was 18k of which 11,700 was installation costs. I got builder to do job for 1200 and bought all supplies including tiles for 7600 only thing to add now is the tiler so I reckon I saved about 7,000 on their prices.

Had my B&Q consultation- tiles, bathroom suite and pumped shower 2,500.
Installation, plumbing and tiling an additional 4200.
This was for a straight swap out and tile over existing tiles

I think they dont want the installation work.

Everything was pre-programmed into their designer software,
Some of the costs were- installation of suite 900 approx.
Remove old suite 375- Attach bathscreen 90 euro

Back