Average price for forming a limited company

pflangan

I need to get a limited company registered.

Having looked around the net I've seen lots of company formation websites quoting prices in the EUR 300 range.

Is this the standard price to get a company formed.

Reading the cro website, I need 3 documents;

Form A1 for company registration
Memorandum of Association
Articles of Incorporation.

Is that it? Oh, and I read that I need a 'company seal'. I only ever email documents these days, so I cannot see the point of this piece of equipment. Are the government in hoc with the seal makers of Ireland guild?

An AAM search should yield some quite recent discussions on this topic. The question is not so much the price of forming the company but whether you need the company in the first instance.

Thanks for that. Yes, I've seen that post a couple of times. I'm over that one. I need a company as a requirement for a contract coming up in the next few weeks.

if you think that €300 may be too much for forming a company then you perhaps have to reconsider whether this is the best option for you as there are plenty of more expenses down the line that you will incur as a result of forming a company.
What line of business will you be in? you should perhaps consider using some of teh contracting agencies were you dont have to form a company.

Jees guys, straight question, I thought.

not looking for advice on what to do, whether to incorporate or not, just if you think that EUR 300 is a fair price for incorporating a limited company in Ireland.

I think it is a fair price. Quick and easy no hassle, allows you to get working on your business asap

not looking for advice on what to do, whether to incorporate or not, just if you think that EUR 300 is a fair price for incorporating a limited company in Ireland.

Yes it is. That said, double that price is also fair, once you get what you want. :)

Yes, I've seen that post a couple of times. I'm over that one.

Unfortunately, those of us who post regularly here find that we often have to repeat ourselves, as many posters
(1) don't bother reading previous threads; or
(2) if they have read previous relevant threads, persist in opening new threads to discuss points that might have been more coherently and easily addressed had they added their query to the existing threads.

Understood.

The problem with appending to existing threads is that typical users will feel that the existing threads may be dated, and hence would be less likely to get responses.

Thanks again.

Back