Average legal fee for switching

abc_xyz

I've been quoted "about €1750 + VAT" for professional fee for switching. It's the same solicitor, but different company, to the one I used for the original purchase. I was hoping for less, though would happily recommend the solicitor. What are others being quoted/charged?

I was quoted €1,300 including VAT recently by a Dublin solicitor, which I thought was high.

I am in the process of switching. I got a good few quotes ranging from €2500 to €1400 inclusive of VAT and outlays. These figures include the cost of adding my wife to the deeds. Needless to say I am going with the €1400 quote.

paid 1100 only a couple of years ago so shop around and don't be afraid to ask your first quote can they do any better also, it's too high. good luck with the switch!

Thanks all. Did ask first quote if they could do better but no joy so I'll be shopping around.

Can I ask is this just the solicitors fee or is it all the associated charges whatever they may be. I assume registering the mortgage again, land registry fees for transfer or mortgage and searches etc

Just finished switching, solicitors fee quoted was €750 + Vat, total bill was €1,450 once all outlays were added on.

I switched in 2016 . . €1120 all in. I woun't be happy to pay more than €1500 today.

What are the additional fees that are involved in a mortgage switch, other than the solicitor's professional fees?

Also, if somebody reading this thread got a good deal with their solicitor on a mortgage switch - I'd be interested in the details as well.

Total searches etc for us were 420, no vat. Professional fees were 1000 including vat. Solicitor has quoted 820 including vat plus the search fees for our next switch.

This was my quote (albeit a few years ago) . .
Mortgage:
Professional Fee €500
VAT @ 23% €115

3rd Party Outlay:-
Searches €150
Mortgage Registration Fee €175
Fee to take up Title Deeds €70
Vacate of Charge Fee €50
Vacate Registration Fee €40
Commissioner for Oaths Fee €20

Total €1,120.00

Back