Average grocery spend

This is my monthly way of shopping which I posted recently in another thread, €150/month for one person.

I'm getting very stingy in my old age. It used to be that I'd be quite choosy who I'd accept the offer of a meal off - I mean just a casual "ah sure you can pop in on the way and have lunch" type thing rather than a proper slightly more formally organised event.

Nowadays though I take anything that's going - saves on money and preparing/washing up. This weekend, for the second time in about 5 weeks, it has worked out that we're not doing any cooking at all!

has anyone else noticed that the butcher counter in Tesco is a lot cheaper than the prepacked meat?
eg last week i picked up a packet of 3 chicken breasts, €5. I walk across the eisle to the butcher counter, 3 chicken breasts €3.

i must be doing well, i spend €220 - 250 per month for groceries for 2 people. I find going to the butcher (as previously mentioned) for meat, Tesco/Superquinn for deals & Aldi/lidl for sweets & veg is the best combo.

PS. anybody else had the breakfast pack in Superquinn? 15 Sausages, 10 rashers & pudding for €5!