Average Dress Size (Female)

does anyone not notice in river island, that a size 14 is a 12..
before the christmas i bought a top and a pair of shorts... both size 14.. and everyother top and trousers I have are a 10/12...
Didnt want to buy a size 14... but I loved them so when I went home I cut the tags off.....................

I've noticed the opposite with River Island. I used to have to buy a 10 and now I have to buy an 8. Sizing is just all over the place in every shop these days.

Way back in 1989 (I'm a dinosaur) I bought a pair of size 13 jeans. Best fitting jeans I ever had. Why don't the manufacturers make clothes in in-between sizes?

Berlin, did you buy them in the States? I know in between sizes used to be available in the States, not sure if they still are. It's a very good point, not everyone is going to be the exact measurements of a 10/12/14 etc !

It's a very good point, not everyone is going to be the exact measurements of a 10/12/14 etc !

True but wearing a belt is always an option. Although this usually only applies to jeans :(

I bought the jeans in Dun Laoghaire - can't quite remember where. They were Lee Cooper jeans, if that's of any interest.

Back