AVC Cornmarket - Execution only
Hi all,
32yo working in the Civil Service the past 18 months.
Im looking to set up AVC, Ive seen a lot of negativity around Cornmarket but just wanted to share what I have found and would love any advice on whether its a good option.
Initially went to set up a consultation but seen a load of stuff saying they just try to sell these basic funds:
Public Sector Cautious, Public Sector Balanced and Public Sector Adventurous which ive heard have very mediocre returns. On top of that a €595 charge for setup which ia taken out over first year.
Im now exploring a Execution Only option which is a €100 flat fee for setup but seems to widen the amount of fund options available (All through Irish Life).
As I have 34 years until retirement, I am thinking of going for something like 100% allocation into one of the following.
Indexed Developed World Equities
Indexed Ethical Global Equity
Indexed World Equity Fund
Most of which seem to have a 1% AMC but allocation from contributions are 100%. Obviously more risk with these funds but given my age It seems to be the general advice to go more aggressive early on and its something I can reevaluate later on and change as I approach retirement.
Has anyone gone the execution only route with Cornmarket? Any advice or gotchas appreciated.
Hi all,
32yo working in the Civil Service the past 18 months.
Im looking to set up AVC, Ive seen a lot of negativity around Cornmarket but just wanted to share what I have found and would love any advice on whether its a good option.
Initially went to set up a consultation but seen a load of stuff saying they just try to sell these basic funds:
Public Sector Cautious, Public Sector Balanced and Public Sector Adventurous which ive heard have very mediocre returns. On top of that a €595 charge for setup which ia taken out over first year.
Im now exploring a Execution Only option which is a €100 flat fee for setup but seems to widen the amount of fund options available (All through Irish Life).
As I have 34 years until retirement, I am thinking of going for something like 100% allocation into one of the following.
Indexed Developed World Equities
Indexed Ethical Global Equity
Indexed World Equity Fund
Most of which seem to have a 1% AMC but allocation from contributions are 100%. Obviously more risk with these funds but given my age It seems to be the general advice to go more aggressive early on and its something I can reevaluate later on and change as I approach retirement.
Has anyone gone the execution only route with Cornmarket? Any advice or gotchas appreciated.