Avantcard Loans recorded on my ICB report as credit cards

deviant

Title says it all really. I discovered that a couple of loans I have with Avantcard are actually recorded as credit cards. I only discovered this when I went to apply for a CC with AIB and they told me that I already appear to have some.

I rang Avantcard asking why this was the case and stated I wanted it corrected but the guy on the other end avoided the question and just told me to check my ICB report, sort of implying that AIB were telling me incorrect information.

I ordered the report, and if AIB are right, then this seems to be a pretty serious error or oversight on AvantCard's part as it could have a negative effect when it comes to credit assessments. I'm just wondering what comeback, if any, I have on this. Seems to me like it must run afoul of GDPR at the very least by Avantcard storing factually incorrect info.

I would tend to trust the ICB report as factual. If you want a correction- contact Avant- card ... I understand whatever record they provide to ICB remains on system for up to 5 years after ...

Title says it all really.
Does it? From what i read it's misleading. You haven't even seen your ICB report, so you don't know what they've done.

It would be a big issue if they are reporting their loans as credit cards.

Get your ICB report, and then posters might be able to advise you on what to do.

Typically 3 days to receive the ICB report. BoI report credit cards as loans.

Back