Avant Mortgages

Dolly76

Hi
Would anyone be able to confirm for me if Avant Mortgages are providing mortgages on properties outside of Dublin, Galway and Cork.
I have made initial enquiries with a broker as I am looking to break out of a 3% fixed rate with BOI to hopefully move onto a lower fixed rate (ideally over a shorter term) and Avant are clearly offering excellent rates.
The broker says they do not take on mortgages for properties outside these 3 cities, this was the first broker I phoned to start this process so I just wanted to see has anyone any experience of this. It does not seem to be widely published if this is indeed the case. On the other criteria we would seem to meet their restrictions but this was the one thing we didn't
Thanks and regards

We're at approval in principle stage and I can't find any reference to this in the paperwork. Our broker mentioned you have to be 15 or 30km from the Dublin border? Can't remember which exactly.

I'm based in Mayo and hoping to move back to Dublin and have been in contact with a broker in relation to Avant and she said if I was looking to purchase/re-mortgage in Mayo that Avant would not look at it, but Dublin is fine .. I didn't get further detail but you could try ring a broker and find out.

thank you @Mistyfloyd and @dubdub123 I will follow this up. Hopefully Avant will expand their market to other areas of the country. For now I think i will wait until my fixed rate ends and make a lump sum deposit once I am on a variable rate and see what is available in terms of rates and fixing then next june.

Back