Avant Money Approved Location Restrictions

limesresident

We applied for a joint mortgage with Avant Money at the end of May this year, only to get AIP 6/7 weeks later.
We were hoping find a home around Athlone or the general Roscommon area as we travel between Galway and Dublin regularly enough.

While our initial example property was in Athlone, we have sought to make offers on properties further in the Roscommon county general area as outside of Athlone is looking far more attractive, but not too far 15 minutes drive to Athlone for example.

I have now found the AIP has a generic condition of must be in "Avant Money Approved Location".
To this point there has been no mention of location restrictions.
When I queried and sent on example properties to our broker they have checked with the Avant "Eircode checker", only to find they will not offer a mortgage for multiple locations within the Roscommon area.

I have been provided no information as to what an "Approved Location" is defined as. I don't understand why this wasn't communicated previously.

The broker has now recommended we go with another provider as avant is so restrictive.
This has cost us about 2 months of progress if this is the case and is very disappointing.
Has anyone had experience with this with Avant or other providers?

Initially they only lent for property in main cities and some larger commuter towns

Then last year they expanded their catchment to larger towns

This has always been very clear and the broker should have informed you of this restriction if you did not have a specific property in mind.

I'd be rather annoyed with the broker.

Back