Avant loan written off in my icb but didnt get notice from avant

colette

Hi! I hope somebody can help me with my query. I was in a payment plan with MBNA two years ago and they froze interest and charges. I was able to meet the payments up until last August 2012 and since September 2012, I just pay them what I can afford. Last February 2013, a new financial statement was asked from me and I submitted that. I always pay something every month between 100-150 euros (should be 450euros/month). When AVANT card took over, I still kept paying and they just keep sending me letters to say that my account will be sold to a third party if I can't pay my balance or keep my monthly payments. I owe them 15thousand. I have offered 2thousand as settlement but it was declined.
I have asked for a record of myself from the ICB and in the record they sent me, it is written that on the 24th month, my loan was written off. What does it mean? I have not received any calls or letter from AVANT to say that my loan with them has been written off. The last letter I received from them was dated August 2, 2013 and it is just saying that I am in arrears and I need to make my payments updated or my account will be sold to third party. I still continue to pay them every month but not the full amount.
Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Back