Autumn Lawn Feed

Gimme

Anyone recommend an autumn lawn feed? The lawn is in very poor condition - left to scorch during the summer and is now in need of some TLC.

Weed and Feed is really good. I did mine about 5 weeks ago and is lush and green now whereas it was yellow and thin beforehand. You just mix it with water and hose or watering can onto the lawn. You don't cut it for a few days after and it really does work.

I missed a few spots so you can really see the difference it makes as I still have the odd patch of yellow stuff where the watering can missed!!

the garden centres are beginning to get in the Autumn ones...Gouldings do one, as do other suppliers. Not sure which is best.
You need to be careful chucking on feed and weed as I think its getting late in the season to do this.....you might make the grass grow too much for the time of the year or something...not sure...but I guess, why else make Autumn feed if the same one would do all year round.

Goudlings lawn feed & moss killer is pretty good also..but be sure that it is specifically Autumn feed that you use though..low in nitrogen & high in phosphorus & potassium.
ninsaga

added re legend99's comments..... the spring/summer feeds are high in nitrogen which promote fast/lush leaf growth. The autumn feeds are low in nitrogen but the other compounds promote vigourous root & stem growth which stes its up for the following growing season.

If you put down a nitrogen rich feed now then you will have fast growth bit is the weather is to wet you may not be able to cut it from here in. The feed would take 4-6weeks to show effectiveness.

Last edited:
Make sure it includes a moss killer, as this will save you some bother next spring. Although, the only real way to prevent moss is to improve drainage.

Back