Automated Payment Collection Solution for a sole trader?

thebiz

Hi

I'm a web designer and run a Freelance webdesign business as a sole trader.
Some of my customers have recurring annual charges ...domains,support,hosting etc.
It can be a nightmare getting them to pay.
Ideally I would get paid by a direct debit but it seems that accepting dd is a privilege reserved for big companies.

I also did not realise that you needed to be involved offline.
I.e. You need batch processing software to interface with your bank on a monthly basis and push through the dd's I'm surprised there is no online alternative given the push that banks are making to online.

Anyway, Is there any alternative way for me to ease the burned of collection. I 'm really looking for a fire and forget solution and am not specifically looking for a free solution.

What ever the solution I want it to be positive meaning I don't want my customers getting threating letters or abuse :)

I know with professional fees you can go through IIB Finance. You get the money up front (sort of like guaranteed loan) and the client pay it off on direct debit basis. IIB have a charge for this. Dont know if this would be any good to you but maybe you could give them a call and see.

You might consider looking at [broken link removed]

They provide an online batch processing solution but it might be reserved for larger companies.

Other solutions include:

Setting up a standing order - this can be done easily by getting clients to fill out a form - however you cannot vary the amount debited it would be for the same amount each month.

Paypal subscriptions - can set up repeat billing using paypal if your client has a credit card.

Hope this helps.

Thanks XXX but it's not really what I need.

BetterBiz You need to be an Originator to avail of that service.

The standing order should work.
The renewal fees generally don't change.

The problem - isn't it up to the client to set the standing order up with their bank?
Could you create a standard form

Yes you can create your own standard form. Have the client fill it out and sign it then you submit it to their bank.

BetterBiz You need to be an Originator to avail of that service.

You don't actually need to be an originator to use the sentenial service. They have a bureau that will process your direct debits, using their own Originator number. Would be worth giving them a shout.

Back