Australian Superannuation/Pension

IrishAus

Hi, currently living in Australia and my employer pays into a superannuation fund. All contributions and investment earnings are taxed (15% on contributions and 15% on earnings) within the fund. Ordinarily, if I were to retire in Australia I would not be required to pay any further tax on either a lump sum or annuity once I reach preservation age of 60.
However, I'm planning on moving back to Ireland in the future but as permanent resident of Australia my superannuation needs to stay in Australia. Am I correct in thinking that once I reach retirement age in Ireland my pension from Australia will not be subject to further tax in Ireland as it has already been taxed within the fund in Australia?

I found the following on the revenue.ie website:
'Some foreign pensions are not taxable in Ireland. These are foreign occupational and social security pensions that would not be taxable if the recipient lived in the country that granted the pension.'

Since there would be no further tax to pay on it if I were living in Australia, does this mean it is not taxable in Ireland?

Back