Audit of Company Accounts Annual Returns

tmbmc2014

Hi. I wanted to find out how much it would cost and could someone recommend an Accountant to audit accounts? I missed my cro deadline out of pure stupidity and lost my exemption.

My company has ceased trading for a number of years.

Thanks.

Get in contact with @gebble by PM.

They got a quote for the audit of a management company for €500 plus VAT.

Hmmmm an accountancy practice that doesn't disclose who its principals are, and is advertising itself as the cheapest in the country...

mandelbrot, its strange for them not to give details of practitioners and I don't understand how those prices even cover planning/carrying out a full statutory audit on any company no matter whether small/missed deadlines or not trading etc. In my experience those type of clients usually took more time as were not prepared for audit so you usually end up doing the books before auditing, prior year figures become an issue, non attendance at stock takes etc as not appointed at year end and higher audit risk etc. One off jobs like that are a headache & not profitable unless they turn to repeat business which is hard to predict.

I took the liberty of searching using the CRO auditor search facility - a quick search reveals a sole practitioner firm primary contact is a Shaheed Mamhmood, a CPA.

Op what is your ARD. have you missed ARD completely ie ARD+ 28 days has passed? if within 28 days submit B1 online on day 27 & that will buy you extra time (3 wks i think)to submit signed B1 & unaudited accounts.
if 28 days have passed it is worth a grovelling call to the CRO to explain why deadline missed, if good reasons eg one shareholder/director & illness or death in family etc etc they might just might give you a one off extension to ARD

Cro won't extend dead line all they will do is refund the late fee and not the
Audit exemption. A friend of mine had cancer and was getting chemo, his returns were late and despite a letter from his accountant and docter all the cro could due was refund his fees. This was in 2010 unless things have changed now.

capefear I had experience of them extending ARD once for a client by a few days, i reckon it depends on the individual company circumstances & who you speak to.

Shinners thanks for that, I agree does depends on who you speak to about certain things but didn't know they would budge on the loss of audit exemption once it was late.

wasn't my client - was another staff members client so cant remember details but it was single shareholder co with 2 directors (married) family emergency of some sort & only couple of days grace was given

Hi

I had to rescue a client from a similar firm of auditors in the past who quoted a price of €500. They were clearly outsourcing all of the work to India. Interesting to see how they dealt with "fit and proper" requirements.

To cut a long story short, they eventually managed to track down an Indian guy by email who had basically gone back to India for three months and we eventually managed to get everything sorted. But there was increased late filing fees as well as a shedload of hassle and stress.

capnhand

capnhand- thanks for that.

If a non trading company missed its second annual return and lose its audit exemption. Whats a ball park figure for an audit on this type of company

Hi

If its non trading and completely dormant I would think in the region of €350 plus VAT.

capnhand

Hi Thanks all for advice.

I missed it because all I could think over was ok Ive got my 28 days for paper and another 28 for online and intended to do online but completely forget about the b1 had to be filed and a date given. Ive done it for years so I dont know how this happened.

Anyway Capinhand do you know someone who will do it as this price?

Back