Audit exemption

Tricky one

Hi all

I have a limited company with the first year end 31/12/2009. First filing with CRO was 6 months after company was set up. There were no accounts attached as it is just start-up. Question is: How do I claim first audit exemption and when?Will CRO send me a form for that?
Thanks

Hi all

I have a limited company with the first year end 31/12/2009. First filing with CRO was 6 months after company was set up. There were no accounts attached as it is just start-up. Question is: How do I claim first audit exemption and when?Will CRO send me a form for that?
Thanks

When filing second b1 and accounts their is a box on b1 to tick. Just make sure you file on time to claim audit exemption.

Download b1 from cro website to see the box on form

have a look at CRO info leaflet [broken link removed] in relation to audit exemption

I have gone through the leaflet but cannot see when I have to file next time.

go to www.cro.ie and do company search with company number and your company will come up with ard date on screen.

You second Ard is more than likely 18 months after incorporation date or 12 months after first b1 date.

Find your ARD date and people on this site will advice on correct due date

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. And do I claim audit exemption in same time ?

say for example your accounts date is 01/01/09 to 31/12/09 and next annual return date is 30/06/10(must file within 28 days of this)

In above example you would file accounts and b1 form with audit exemption ticked on form by 28/07/09.

If you fail to file by 28/07/09- Audit exemption gone and you must get an audit

As well as ticking the audit exemption box, you need to attach these 5 clauses to the balance sheet. (See page 14 of info leaflet 10.)

We, as Directors of ABCD Limited, state that:
(a) the company is availing itself of the exemption provided for by Part III of the Companies
(Amendment)(No.2) Act 1999;
(b) the company satisfies the conditions specified in section 32 of the 1999 Act (as amended by
section 53 Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Act 2003 and by section 9 Investment Funds,
Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2006);
(c) no notice under section 33(1) of the 1999 Act has in accordance with section 33(2) of the 1999 Act
been served on the company;
(d) we acknowledge the company’s obligations under the Companies Acts 1963-2009, to keep proper
books of account and to prepare accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of
the company at the end of its financial year and of its profit or loss for such a year and to otherwise
comply with the provisions of those Acts relating to accounts so far as they are applicable to the
company;
(e) we hereby certify that we have relied on the specific exemptions contained in sections 10 and 12
of the Companies (Amendment) Act 1986 on the grounds that the company is entitled to the benefits
of those exemptions as a small company.
On behalf of the board
Signature: Signature:
Name (block capitals): Name (block capitals):
Director Director

Back