Audio CDs

C

car

Whats the best price anyones seen for Writable or ReWritable Audio CDs?
Neither my car or my home CD player will play anything but.
elara have 10 for 7e but Id buy bulk if theres a better offer.

Neither my car or my home CD player will play anything but.

You mean you car/home players will only play CD-R[W]s and not pre-recorded CDs? That seems very odd!

"Just the facts, M'am, just the facts!"

Yes, it would be odd if thats what I meant, but its not.
I cant play music recorded on data CD-R[W]s which have been known to play in some cd players.

Re: "Just the facts, M'am, just the facts!"

OK - now I'm really confused. You seem to be drawing some distinction between data and audio CD-R[W]s on the assumption that the latter will work with your CD players. I'm not aware of any difference between data and audio CD-RWs since audio CDs contain digital information that just happens to be encoded music. The CD-Recordable FAQ doesn't mention anything about differences between data and audio CD-R[W] media (obviously the data formats written may be different though).

Update: actually I've noticed a few other links such as [broken link removed] that seem to explain the difference between audio and data CD-R[W]s. Looks like some or all separates CD recorders require special CD-R[W] media which differ from data media solely by having some read-only information written at manufacturing time which the recorder (and perhaps some players - such as your car and home players?) also read. Seems like a right pain in the This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language to have such a kludge which serves no useful purpose that I can see and simply limits consumer choice.... :\

cdr

Yes its a big restriction. I think this is the link that explains it best.

I use nero and Ive tried burning music as "data", "data and audio" and "audio only" to 2 different makes and quality of data cds and none work on my home/car cd players.

Ive read numerous sites/forums where people have posted how to get certain makes of cd players to play Audio burned to Data cd. There seems to be a magic formula where if you take a certain piece of burning S/W with a certain make of CD-R[W] with a certain color at the back of it on the third sunday of March in a leap year then it'll play. I'll have some fries with that pinch of salt.

Re: cdr

I'd say ten Memorex with cases for €7 is not bad...

Lidl do Maxells at 10 for €6.99, but they're only 70 mins and come in 'orrible slimline cases...

www.7dayshop.com
has 10-packs of eProformance 80 mins at £3.99, with flat-rate postage of £2.95...

Re: cdr

Aldi have 50 for €12.99, in a stack though with no cases

Back