Audi A3 - Lock bolt removal - lost attachment

ludermor

I currently have a flat tyre in my Audi A3, tried to remove the wheel but found that i dont have the attachment to take off the lock bolt. Can anyone tell me where i can get this or what i have to do to remove it?

I think a lot of tyre places have these not for sale but a master set.

Get them to take out the offending bolts and get a set of standard bolts instead.

Otherwise main dealer.

Worst case drill it out.

How common is alloy theft anyway? I bought a set of these recently but am starting to think they might be more hassle than they are worth in the long run.......?

I think a lot of tyre places have these not for sale but a master set.

Get them to take out the offending bolts and get a set of standard bolts instead.

Otherwise main dealer.

Worst case drill it out.
How do i get the car to one of these car places? It is completely flat in a multistorey and i tried pumping but it leaks straight away.

Presumably you are looking for the adapter for one of these

A dealer should have one ex-stock (VW, Seat or Skoda are the same as long as yours isn't the one with a locking key as well).

Alternatively, count the points on the star and try borrowing one from a tyre place or call out one of the mobile tyre-repair vans (try the Golden Pages for the closest one to you). Someone with decent half-inch drive socket set might be another source.

Can you inject some of that sealer in that seals the leak and inflates the tyre, it will at least get you to the dealers

Back