Auction sold price not the same as PPR reports

KatieMay

Hi,

I posted a question last year about a property that was being sold at auction.
https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/bidding-at-online-auction.210540/

I did not buy the house. I went to my limit, 2 other bidders carried on bidding for a time and it sold for a good bit over my limit, it made well more than twice the AMV. That was fine, I'd given it my best shot, I moved on.

Today I spotted that the sale added on the Property Price Register, with a sale price listed as not just considerably less than the sale on the day, but at less than my final bid - by a five figure sum. There are no stars by it to suggest it sold below its market value.

I went back to the old auction reports on the auction site, to check that I'd not lost my mind completely, though I still have the WhatsApp conversation where I was relaying progress to a friend, so am completely clear about the figures involved. The property is not listed there anymore. Nothing, it's disappeared.

What might have happened here? I am a little bit annoyed now, should I be or is this a thing that happens for reasons I am not appreciating?

Thanks for any input.

Thats is a very interesting scenario. Have you put the question to the auctioneer.

Yes, it was. Ah, I see where you are going. Part of land sold on? That would actually make sense here.

Ok, the original question may have been answered but it was an interesting one all the same. I've seen this to happen a few times but think it may have nothing to do with the price that the properties were truly sold for, just that there was a shown price and an actual price. In other words that filthy old word "CASH" was involved.

Back